Saturday, June 18, 2011

Miley in Manila: “I Feel like I’m on a game show"

image
“I FEEL like I’m on a game show,’’ Miley Cyrus said as press con host and MYX VJ Nikki Gil picked questions for her out of a fishbowl. It was the day before her concert at the SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds and Miley was sitting inside Martinis in Mandarin Oriental for a quick press conference. “I’m a little thrown off `coz of the time difference but it’s awesome,’’ Miley said.
The concert is part of her Corazon Gitano (Gypsy Heart) tour and the Philippines is the tour’s only stop in Asia.
“It’s my first time here but my brother’s been here before and he told me that the crowd is awesome.”
After Manila, Miley is off to Australia for a few shows before heading back to the US for a break.
Miley gamely answered questions from the press, speaking very fast and talking with her hands. She comes off smart and strong, opinionated and in control. She leaves you with no doubt that her days as Hannah Montana are long over—she’s all grown up now.
She even has a grown up way of dealing with fame and the persistent paparazzi. “I deserve respect, I’m a person. You just draw boundaries, respect other people and you do it in a way that is sweet and they don’t want to be mean to you or write bad things. If you demand respect, you get it.”
Although she’s lived with fame for almost half her life, Miley seems level-headed and well-adjusted. And unlike a lot of celebrities her age, she refuses to turn herself into an internet reality show. “People don’t have to know what I eat everyday or what time I’m going to sleep or what I’m doing every second.”
After the press con, MCA Music Inc. presented her with a platinum award for her albums “Can’t Be Tamed,” “The Time Of Our Lives and “Breakout,” she said, “Thank you. This is definitely going up in my house,” she said.
Miley says she’s learned to live with “creepy dudes hiding in bushes,” rumors and misconceptions about her – because in the end, it’s her work that matters. “If I’m creating, I’m happy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment