Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Miley's Exclusive Phone Interview


Hello, Miley!
“Hi, how are you?
I’m okay except for a little jetlag. How are you this sunshiny Tuesday morning?
“Hmmmm. I’m okay.”
Oh good, even if you sound a bit sleepy.
“Hmmmmm.”
Anyway, your current The Corazon Gitano (Gypsy Heart) Tour has brought you to Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Paraguay, Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia, Costa Rica, Panama, Mexico and other Latin countries. How is it so far?
“It’s been amazing, you know. I spent so many times working but also not working. This is the first tour that I actually enjoyed the countries that I’d been to, so it’s been amazing!”
This is your third world tour after Best of Both Worlds and Wonder World, isn’t it?
“Oh yes, it is.”
How would you compare this tour to the previous two?
“Sure, it’s different. Kind of a different audience. The songs are the ones that I really love to do, not songs that I’ve grown out of. The songs cover topics that I love and artists that I love. I can feel that the audience(s) are touched by those songs, that’s why the tour is amazing.”
And how different are you now as a person and artist from you were during the first two tours?
“I think that I just continue to get better and I think I know myself more. I’m more comfortable with what and who I am, and I connect even more effectively with my fans now. So, it’s…good!”
It’s a back-breaking schedule. How do you prepare for a world tour?
“You know, that shouldn’t really be awful because after South America, I took three weeks off. And then I go to Australia and then on to the Philippines. The thing is that, I get some time off between shows. During those three-week rest periods, I go home, get together with friends. It’s a good way of re-charging.”
It’s your first time to perform in the Philippines…
“…yes.”
What have you heard about the Philippines?
“Quite a lot. My brother Trace and his band have actually been on tour which covered Asian countries. I’ve heard good things about the Philippines.”
What can we expect from your concert in Manila on June 17?
“I’ve never been there, so I guess my concert will be something special.”
I’ve noticed that you communicate with your fans via social networking. Recently, you posted this entry in your Twitter account: “Honestly, I can’t believe my first show is already over. Amazinnggg. The crowd was beyond incredible. I cried my eyes out. So touched, ILY.”And this: “From bottom of my heart, THANK YOU BRAZIL. Shows like these are what inspire me to get going when the going gets tough.”
“Oh, you read them!”
Some celebrities find “social networking” very risky. How do you feel about it?
“Yes, they do. I guess you just have to be careful with what you enter in your Twitter.Since I’d been away from home, I haven’t really had much time to do it. The first day I got home, I wrote messages for my fans. When I’m on tour, I write about what happens on the road but when I’m not on tour I usually don’t. You just got to make sure that no one intrudes into your private life and you, you know, you keep it to yourself.”
How else do you communicate with your fans? Do you answer fan mails?
“They can simply communicate with me through my Twitter.”
I read an article about Paul McCartney saying that your popularity (and that of Justin Bieber) reminded him of Beatlemania. How do you feel about that?
“I don’t think anything can ever compare with Beatlemania or anybody can ever compare to the Beatles.”
What type of music do you go for? And who are your role models?
‘It’s amazing how people look up to me. But you know, my job is not to be perfect because I don’t have a happy life. You have to be happy with yourself first and foremost.’

















“You know, I go for all types.”
As a role model yourself, how do you live up to that responsibility?
“You know, you can never put so much space on yourself. At the end of the day, you have to be able to shut up and stop entertaining at some point. It’s amazing how people look up to me. But you know, my job is not to be perfect because I don’t have a happy life. You have to be happy with yourself first and foremost.”
Any message for your fans in the Philippines?
“Hmmmm. I’m looking forward to seeing you. See you at the concert.”

No comments:

Post a Comment